The Cordillera Challenge is the perfect race for runners who seek adventure and adrenaline and want to face a unique experience in the mountains. It requires a considerable level of training and the ability to adapt to conditions that can be extreme. This is not a race suitable for beginners or for people who are not used to being exposed to adverse situations involving the mountains, long periods of time exposed to the elements, tough terrain, etc. Runners must be highly aware of the risks involved in an event of this magnitude. That said, each participant must comply with the following requirements and procedures:
- Must be over 21 years old.
- Submit the medical certificate duly signed and stamped by a doctor. This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org 15 days in advance prior to the event or be delivered personally at the race accreditation when you pick up your runner's kit.
- Declare that you accept all terms and conditions and duly sign the liability waiver which must be sent to email@example.com once you receive your registration confirmation or it can be delivered personally at the race accreditation. If you do not comply, the organization reserves the right of admission, and you will not be able to participate.
- Register before: October 15th, 2022.
LA CORDILLERA CHALLENGE
- Race Registration
- Special Runner's Kit
- Official race shirt
- Commemorative hoodie
- Tank top for the “After Race”
- Bib number per stage (x3)
- Finisher medals per stage (x3)
- Commemorative "finisher" garment (must complete all 3 stages officially)
- Complete lodging package (2 nights during the race):
- First night (friday, november 11th: San Antonio Boutique Hotel)
- Second night (saturday, november 12th, Hotel Alicante Apaneca)
- Note: The accomodations include a shared room, private bathroom and shower with hot water
- Complete food package for 3 days: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Open Snack Bar in each lodging place
- Charging area for electronic devices
- Transportation with A/C from San Salvador to Lake Coatepeque
- Transportation with A/C from Barra de Santiago to San Salvador
- Bus transfers to start/finish in each stage
- Handling and transfer of personal luggage at each stage
- Aid station and staff assistance. Red cross and rescue team assitance during race course
- Liquid and solid provisioning during the race and finish line
- "Beercovery" at the end of each stage (Beer tasting)
- Physiotherapy and recovery massage at each stage
- Medical care during the race and finish line
- Security and police escort at strategic points and transfers
- Race Registration
- Runner kit:
- Official race shirt
- bib number
- finisher's medals
- Liquid and solid supplies throughout the course of the race
- Medical assistance and security at strategic points
Do you run in a team or with a group?
The more you come, the better for everyone! Bring along your friends or teammates and enjoy discounts. More information:
If you are in El Salvador and wish to pay in cash you can do it by going to AC SPORTS.
Credit or debit card
Use your credit or debit card at any of the following links depending on the package you wish to register:
“LA CORDILLERA CHALLENGE“ (FULL PACKAGE)
You will need to follow these steps:
- Request your payment through wire transfer by filling out the Transfer Form.
- Once the transaction is done, send your proof of transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an online registration code.
Payment plan (in installments)
The organization provides the option of paying the registration in two or three installments, by filling out the following form: Payment by Installments.
- The registration payment is non-refundable once it has been made, unless you have purchased a cancellation insurance n your registration process.
- In case of impossibility to attend the event, you can:
- Request the use of 100% of the amount paid as a credit for the 2023 edition of the race with a penalty of $50, which will be charged next year.
- Transfer your registration to someone else, but you will need to submit a request via email.
- Any request, notification or query should be addressed via email: email@example.com.
- Verbal or telephone requests/communications are invalid.
Plan your registration well in advance to avoid any inconvenience. The organization reserves the right of admission.